Friday, March 23, 2012

P.S. Eliot-Introverted Romance in Our Troubled Minds LP (2009)

I'm posting this not out of a sense of obligation, or because it popped up in my inbox, but because this band is great and, although P.S. Eliot called it quits last year, they embody so much of what I love about punk, and loved when I was a 13-year-old rockin' out to Bane, and still, as an utterly nihilistic 26-year-old, want to believe in.

As far as I can remember, my 13-year-old self was into anarchy, feminism, youthful emotions, and a whole lot of insanity. Spilling yer guts to that special someone on a moonlit night in July. Drunkenly burbling out your emotions to yer friends as they patiently nod and sip on their .40s. Slam-dancing passionately, ignoring the hipster shitbirds who look at you reprovingly.

Yeah, P.S. Eliot, bad band name aside, sum up all of this residual level of emotions that still inhabit every punk album I listen to. DIG IT or forever find yourself asking why your high-school crush hates you. Lyrics lives heer.

No comments:

Post a Comment